Grilled Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa

As you can tell we love seafood and anything in a tortilla. The recipe is so fun to put together.  My obsession for them wasn't until a few years ago. My boyfriend Mario ordered them when we were in Monterrey. I pretty much ate off his plate. It was so delicious that I re-created it a billion times since then. I've made them for dinners with my family, Mario's family, for a party with friends. It has been a hit every single time. You have to try the mango salsa because it is everything!!! 


Mango Salsa!!!!!!!!!!!

All the sauce ingredients in the food processor....

TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season these babies with love :) 

THE BEST tortillas ever!!! I will buy no other kind because these are it! So light and airy!

Setting up my taco station, & plates are ready, set, GO! (excuse the mess on on my counter haha!)

With a side of refried black beans and cilantro brown rice. All made with love :) 

Ingredients 

1lb fresh tilapia 
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp pepper 
1/2 tsp cumin 
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
1/4 tsp chili powder 
1/2 tsp olive oil 
6-8 corn tortillas 
1/2 cup shredded green cabbage

Mango Salsa 

2 whole mangoes, chopped 
1/4 cup chopped red onion 
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper 
1/2 chopped cilantro 
quartered sliced of fresh squeezed lemon juice 
salt 
pepper 

Cilantro Jalapeno Lime sauce 

1 clove garlic 
1/4 cup cilantro 
half of jalapeno, seeded 
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoon olive oil 
1 tablespoon lime juice  
salt 
pepper 
chili powder 


Start with the mango salsa. I don't like to pick out the ripest mango for salsa. I like the mango be hard and tart. It gives the salsa that tang flavor and it won't be mushy. Mix the red onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, mangoes and squeeze lemon juice. Add salt and pepper for taste. If you want some heat, add chopped jalapeno as well. You can make it ahead of time and set it in the refrigerator. I had leftovers so I cooked Quinoa and mix the salsa with it!


Now the sauce, you MUST to make this sauce! This was my favorite part next to the mango salsa of course! Use a food processor and mix the garlic, cilantro, jalapeno with olive oil, mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, pepper, and chili powder. It is going to be runny, not thick. I didn't want a think sauce I wanted something on the light side, hence the amount of mayonnaise is very little. If you want to add thickness to it you can do sour cream or Greek yogurt. I love making sauces because you can make it your own and to your preference! 


Lastly, start the heat on your grill and get your Tilapia ready. Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder together in a bowl. Drizzle a little olive oil over the Tilapia, then sprinkle that love seasoning all over the Tilapia. It takes about 7-10minutes on the grill. The fish will become nice and firm once it is done. 


Then assemble your station and heat up those tortillas. It is time to party with these fish tacos! 


I hope you and your loved ones enjoy these! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day off

Hiking with toddlers

I wish "Mom guilt" never existed...