First Blog Post!


Hi everyone :) I am so excited to share with you more about my daily inspirations and recipes. January was such a time for me to regroup and get my life together as everyone was starting their new years' resolutions, I was still figuring out mine. I was so overwhelmed thinking about graduating, starting a job again and potty training, and everything else I needed to balance. Now I can finally breathe because I WILL be graduating from USF in December! It's been such a journey and it is scary to know that I am almost to that finish line. Now February is my month to start fresh with a new semester, working again, getting organized, and get moving! This blog has always been on my mind for a while now. I read blogs from others that have inspired my days whether it were recipes, fashion, or mommy stories. That is what I hope you get when you come to my blog, just a little inspiration. Lovebirds, Valentine's Day is just around the corner. My boyfriend and I usually like to spend it inside with a nice homemade dinner and if you want to spice it up and be a little daring, this is your recipe. 


Thai Red Curry 

My mom made this dish while I was growing up and I've had it a million times. My boyfriend, on the hand, never had it until he met me about nine years ago. Since then he said I've "spiced"  up his life ;) He is now a Curry lover! He loves all kinds of curry. It is his choice of dish whenever we go out for Thai food or Indian food. When I say I am going to make curry, I get "ooo's and ahhh's" from him. You know the dinner that will make him want to marry you, this is it for us! This is the dinner meal that keeps him coming back for more. Oh boy, it is getting hot in here(haha literally). The recipe can get spicy ;) 

Here are the two key ingredients to Thai Red Curry. You can find it in the Asian aisle at your local grocery store. 



Ingredients:
4 bone-in chicken thighs
1 yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic 
1 can of coconut milk (pictured above)
1 tablespoon of red curry paste (add more to your liking of spiciness) 
1 can of bamboo shoots 
1/2 cup of chopped green onions and cilantro 


I'm sorry but honestly I am horrible at precise measuring and timing on some recipes especially when it is thrown together in my head. I'll estimate the measurements and timing for you but honestly I love just to cook to my taste buds. So just taste as you go! I sauteed the chicken thighs with a little olive oil, salt & pepper on medium heat. Let it sauteed for about 5 minutes on each side. Then add in the chopped yellow onion until they get sweaty. Then add the coconut milk and 1 tablespoon of Red Curry paste, first. We actually put in 2 tablespoons. We like it SPICY! WARNING: it is spicy the more paste you add. Start with one and see how much a kick you would like. Add in the bamboo shoots. Taste it and if it is not spicy enough add in another tablespoon. Close it with a lid and let it simmer for 20 mins on med-low heat to let the chicken fully cook. Open lid and add in the green onions and cilantro. Pour that amazingness over jasmine rice and serve with love :) 

TA-DAAAAAA! (with a side of cabbage salad)

Feel free to ask me any questions. I am not a professional, it is just made with love :) Let me know if you try it! 


xo Savina 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day off

I wish "Mom guilt" never existed...

Shrimp Tacos with homemade guacamole