Mediterranean Pasta Salad

This past week, it was my group's turn to bring something for our class potluck, I volunteered to do a pasta salad that needed to be vegetarian! You can't go wrong with a pasta salad and to marry it with olives, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese!!!  So funny I'm making this pasta salad then as soon as I got done, I checked my email that my professor had to cancel class. I had two aluminum trays full of pasta salad. I gave most of it away to my family and friends, which I did not mind sharing the love. I knew we couldn't eat all of that ourselves. This recipe is so tasty, simple, and fast because the only cooking you'll be doing is boiling this pasta! I decided not to do measurements for this one because I made this for my class of 15-20. you can adjust the measurements easily for however many you are trying to feed :) 





Mediterranean Pasta Salad 

Organic Penne pasta 
Medium whole olives
Jarred marinated artichoke hearts 
Feta Cheese 
Fresh Basil 
Grape tomatoes 

Dressing

1/2 cup Olive oil 
1 half fresh squeezed lemon juice 
1/2 tsp Ground oregano 
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Chili Flakes 
Salt 
Pepper 


Start boiling water for the pasta. Let Pasta cook and stir for 11 minutes. Strain and let it cool. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil so it doesn't stick. 

The dressing was my favorite part because it is so flavorful and you don't need much. I could have bought Italian dressing already made but that's no fun. I'm not a fan of added ingredients I don't know how to pronounce in the bottled dressings. I love making your own dressing, it can save you time and money. Chances are that you already have everything in your pantry to make it. I promise you won't be disappointed, it will taste amazing!

Chop grape tomatoes in halves. Chiffon cut the basil. I cut the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces. Mix all the ingredients together then add the dressing. Add more feta cheese at the end if you like more. You can add salami if you would like some meat in it. I had so much fun putting this pasta together. The hardest part of this recipe was boiling the pasta. Seriously no hard work required. This would be perfect for any gathering, you can make it ahead of time and serve later. I hope you love it. 


xoxo Savina 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wish "Mom guilt" never existed...

First Trimester

Day off